Friday 4 September 2009

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Little Scruffs

This week's crafter is Jean from Little Scruffs ~ those gorgeous miniature bears that we all have on our wishlists...



How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?

I think it was about 2001 that I went on a weekend bearmaking course and haven't stopped since!!

Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?

I love everything about bearmaking but because it takes a long time to create a miniature bear- probably about 8 hours not including designing, website upkeep, queuing in post office etc etc , I will never be a millionaire!

What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?


Bearmakers come and go but I think if you are going to get anywhere you really have to stick at it. Also loving bears is a great help!!!

How did you find Misi?

Misi found me and I am so glad, there are the nicest bunch of creators you could ever wish to meet on here!

What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?


Alfie is my favourite bear still for sale in the shop at the moment. It still amazes me that people have such different favourites!

What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?

How could you ask that!!!??? There are far too many wonderful shops to have a favourite. Some marvellous card shops, knitting, jewelry, Carolyns sewembroidery..... oh gosh I could be on all night!




Random Facts about you:


What is your favourite colour? It changes/ Perhaps purple

What is your favourite food? Anything that is edible - maybe Chinese

What is your favourite season? Spring

What is your favourite time of day? Anytime

What is your favourite website (besides Misi)? one that is called www.miniaturemohairbears.co.uk !

What is your favourite TV programme? Loose Women!

Where have you lived? On a little Island in the Orkneys with only 400 people on where both my daughters were born. Spain and England *I just added that!!!



Thank you for chatting to us Jean (and ad-libbing extra questions, lol). Go to Little Scruffs shop to see the most adorable miniature bears ever.


Helen
xxx
Categories: , ,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks very much Helen!! Not much available in Misi shop at the moment while I get ready for bear Fair in Kensington Town Hall, London on the 13th September (hint hint) but will put more for sale afterwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting interview.
    My fav' bear in Litle Scruffs at present is poor little Ollie. Soooo cute!!
    http://rosytint.misi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an absolute Pleasure Jean.
    Good luck with your Bear Fair, wish I could go and see all those gorgeous bears.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete