Friday 25 September 2009

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Pauline's Passions

Please welcome Pauline from Pauline's Passions to the Misi Blog. Let's ask her a few questions and get to know her...





How did you get started and how long have you been doing it?


I've always been crafty as a child I loved nothing better than colouring in and doodling.
I learned to knit and loved knitting dolls clohes,toys,most of my childrens baby clothes and jumpers until they were old enough to think picture knits werent cool. Eventually athritis set in and I couldnt knit any more I watched t.v one day and saw alan and barry on create and craft demonstrating card making and I thought I could do that so I got some supplies and made cards for freinds and family but soon I couldn't stop I had boxes of them so I gave a lot to local charities to sell. People started asking me to make them for them and were offering to pay me.
When my brother got married he asked me to do some stationary for his wedding people commented on how nice they were and said I should start selling them so about 3years ago I started selling on Ebay and registered as a small business.

Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and how do you work round them?

I love it so much it's hard to be negative although I dont have time for housework and I have so many supplies it's taking over the house and I am forever buying things I dont really need I can't help it I just love to craft.

What tips would you give anyone starting your craft?

Always make sure you use good quality card etc and allocate yourself some space. dont be afraid to play around there's an artist in allof us get inspiration from things around you and most of all enjoy it.

How did you find Misi?

I found it on google I had been trying to set up a website but couldn't find one I could understand I'm not very good with computers and couldn't beleive how easy Misi was to use it was everything I had been looking for and much cheaper than ebay.

What is your favourite item in your shop?

I think my favourite item would have to be the grandfather clock I added recently I have just started working with templates and I think the 3d cards are so much more than just a card.I will be adding many more soon.

What is your favourite shop on Misi?

There are so many fabulous shops on misi it is almost impossible to choose but for me it would be Paulines candles her candles are lovely and smell absolutely georgous the chocolate ones are fabulous.and cirens call for the lovely jewellery I have some of her pieces on my wish list.



Random Facts about you...

Favourite colour---ice blue
Favourite food------anything hot and spicy but I'll eat anything.
Favourite season---winter when the snow is falling it's magical.
Favourite time of day------really early morning with a coffee in the peace and quiet before any one is up.
Favourite website that is not Misi-----www.create and craft.
Favourite Television programme----has to be big brother although I watch a lot of create and craft during the day.



Thank you Pauline. Take a wander over to Pauline's Passions to see some beautiful craftmanship.

Helen
xxx
Categories: , ,

2 comments:

  1. that's a really interesting interview - I love to find out why people start crafting...

    ReplyDelete