Friday 19 February 2010

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Kim's Creative Crafts

I would like to introduce Kim from Kim's Creative Crafts. Let's find out a little more about her.





How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?


I started crocheting about 2 years ago when I was pregnant with my second child. I was bored of knitting as I could only really knit blankets and scarves as they were the easiest. I learnt how to crochet from watching tutorials on uTube, then learnt how to read patterns and now I know enough to make my own creations.


Are there any negative aspects to doing your craft and if there are how do you work around them?

Sometimes I find it difficult to crochet around my life as a stay-at-home mum to 2 small kids but I find the time to do it while the kids are asleep!


What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your craft?

I would deifnitely recommend reading books from the library, watching tutorials online and look out for inspiration wherever you are.


How did you find Misi?


I found a thread about MISI on the Bounty website in the arts/hobby forum.


What is your favourite item in your own Misi shop?


At the moment I love my easter egg cosies even if it is a little early for Easter!


What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?

Thats a tough choice - can I choose two? Looby Crafts for her gorgeous cards and Poppy Patchwork for the amazing denim items!



Random Facts about you:

What is your favourite time of day?

Early in the morning, not too early though - when the day still smells fresh.

What is your ideal vacation?

Going back home to Cape Town.

Where were you born?

Cape Town, South Africa

What is your favourite animal?

The first one that springs to mind is a Bengal Tiger.

What actor/actress would you NOT kick out of bed?

Hmm...tough one... Jared Padalecki or Jenson Ackles!!




Thank you Kim. Take a look at Kim's Creative Crafts on Misi.


Helen
xxx

3 comments: