Friday 9 April 2010

Fabulous Friday... The Interview ~ Neate Crafts

Please welcome Susan from Neate Crafts...



How did you get started in your particular craft and how long have you been doing it?
It seems like I have always been making something!
I trained as a Fine artist but taught myself all my crafts - Pyrography, knitting, sewing, crocheting, glass painting, silk painting, jewellery, macrame, patchwork...the list goes on.
I am addicted to trying new crafts. I just love it!

Are there any negative aspects?

Housework goes out of the window but I Always put my family first.
Never enough hours in a day. My husband bought me a peg loom for Christmas but I haven't had time - yet to sort it out.
I have too many ideas for the amount of time I have to put them into practice.

How do you get round them?
I try and spend a few hours early in the morning doing all the housework.
I am also trying to be patient, and in fact got told only the other day that I was a very chilled, easy-going person!
I also bought myself a shed and put it at the bottom of the garden and that is where I work from. (except when it is very cold and wet, so I then work from the house as I always have some project here).

What tips would you give to anyone thinking of starting your particular craft?

Just have a go. There's no right or wrong way in creating. Sometimes it's the 'mistakes' that make it work!

How did you find MISI?

Misi found me. Emmas husband had been on my website and asked if I would be interested in joining. THANK YOU so much for asking!

What is your favourite item in your shop right now?

I think it has to be my Monkey hat as it turned out exactly as I visualised it when I designed it!
But, I also like my Lizard Point, Cornwall painting, it brings back such happy holiday memories. Also the sea is so dramatic there.
It is also one of the first of my paintings where I used a more relaxed style instead of the rather formal style I also do. I really enjoyed painting it!

What is your favourite shop on Misi (besides your own)?

IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION!
I have found something in every shop on Misi that I like.
But if I have to choose one I do love 'Impsandthings'. The tree sprite is my favourite it has such character. I just wish I could afford to buy him!



Random Facts about you:

Favourite Chocolate?
I have two - Lavender Chocolate so subtle and scented, smooth and relaxing.
- Chilli Chocolate- the hotter the better. They both give different moods and experiences.
I love trying new ones all the time, and if I had time I would love to be a Chocolatier too!

Favourite place you have visited?

I have so many favourites but I just love Cornwall. It has a quality to it that I can't put my finger on. It may have something to do with the fact that I recently found out that some of my ancestors came from there.
Of course I love where I live now not only because my family is here but it is so beautiful and dramatic at any time of the year, and the scenery is so varied.

Favourite movie?

I can't choose just one. It depends what mood I am in.
I love 'Hot Fuzz' - so funny, but also because my husband is a Special Constable in Cumbria Police.
Chocolat- I love chocolate and Johnny Depp.
Bridget Jones Diary- so funny.
Kingdom of Heaven- Brilliant film based on historical events with the Knights Templars( which I am fascinated by).
Ridley Scott is such a great director, O'h and Orlando Bloom is in it too!




Thank you Susan, it was lovely hearing about you. To see more of Susan's talent, visit Neate Crafts on Misi.


Helen
xxx

2 comments:

  1. another interesting read - thank you susan & helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info! Love it.

    If anyone wants to try their hand at making a crochet bath puff, I have a free pattern on my blog: http://handmadebyannabelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete