Friday 1 November 2013

Fabulous Fridays...The Interview ~ ItsyBitzy

Today is another fabulous Friday and we are pleased to present you: ItsyBitzy our featured crafter this week.

Let's meet her:

1. Tell us a bit about yourself/ introduce yourself. Besides crafting what else do you love doing?

Hi, My name's Trisha and when I'm not 'crafting,' I'm busy rescuing animals in need. I'm lucky enough to live in the Warwickshire countryside which is also home to miniature Shetland ponies, ferrets, dogs, goats and lots of other small furries.

2. How did you start crafting and how long have you been doing it? 


Crafting was really an accident. After a major operation and being told I couldn't move around for some considerable time (which would have driven me bonkers) I picked up a lump of polymer clay. Six months later, I'd packed in my high profile job to work for myself. Long hours and working the craft fair circuits ensued, but I've never looked back. Best major op I ever had!

3. What are the problems you faced as a crafter until now? Do you have any advice for someone who is thinking to start or is new to the crafting business?

I wouldn't say starting up your own crafting business is easy, but if you're willing to put in the hours and do your market research, it can be a very profitable occupation. The main problem is avoiding making what everyone else is making. It pays to be unique and 'different'. 

4. What's your favourite crafting category? Do you have in mind to start crafting something else (besides your usual crafting category)?

I have to say that polymer clay work is by far my favourite category and the main stem of my business, but I frequently dabble with other crafts when an idea comes to mind.

5. What is your main source of inspiration? How do you propel your creativity?

My inspiration is my own mind which is jam crammed full of ideas most of the time and which unfortunately, I have little time to try out. But, watch this space!


6. Tell us about your crafting space. Do you have a favourite material and tool?

I'm lucky enough to have a separate workshop where all my 'creating' takes place. a right tip most of the time but at least it keeps the clutter out of the home. Most of my characters are made in Fimo polymer clay and my most important tool is an 18 year old pasta maker which must have turned a g'zillion revolutions!



7. So your crafting space transmutes to an online shop. How do you promote your e-shop, which social media you use?

Getting time to cross promote your own websites and online shops can be time consuming, but crucial in getting yourself and your products seen out there in the online market place. I was lucky enough to have a good customer base well before social networking really took off and have only recently joined Facebook and Pinterest to showcase my work.

9. Where do you see your business in 10 years from now?

Where will I be 10 years from now...? Hopefully I'll have handed my business over to my daughter so I can have the time to create new and original items for her to sell.

10. How did you find MISI? What else would you like to see being added to the site?

After a long absence from Misi, I've just recently returned. I joined because I wanted a site selling genuinely handmade items with primary selling in the UK. Google found me Misi who fitted the bill. I'd had a few sales before I left, but since being back have sold several items, so must find time to list more ! The only limitation I've found, is the category restrictions, which I think could be a little more 'flexible' to fit those items which do not conform to the standard. Otherwise, I think it's a great little site which is improving day by day. - We will make sure to pass your suggestions to our developers. 




ItsyBitsy we wish you achieve your goals and of course many many many sales! :)
Thank you for the interview it was our pleasure!


0 comments:

Post a Comment