Friday 29 November 2013

fabulous fridays...the interview ~ Jewellery by B

It's Friday and we are pleased to bring you one more interview from our beloved crafters. Today we are featuring: Jewellery by B. Her name is Belinda and she makes amazing jewellery.


Let's meet her:

1. Tell us a bit about yourself/ introduce yourself. Besides crafting what else do you love doing?

My name is Belinda and besides making jewellery, I like going for long walks in the countryside, travelling, meeting up with my friends for a good gossip, cooking and going to the cinema.

2. How did you start crafting and how long have you been doing it? 

I have been making jewellery for just over 7 months now. I had an operation on my foot so I had plenty of time off work and I was getting bored with the usual shows on TV. I started channel hopping one day and discovered the Jewellery Making channel. After watching several shows, I thought to myself, I think I would like to have a go at this, and so my new hobby was born and my bank account has not been the same since!!

3. What are the problems you faced as a crafter until now? Do you have any advice for someone who is thinking to start or is new to the crafting business?

The main problem that I have is the lack of funds to try all the new designs that I want to do and the new techniques that I want to learn. My advice to anyone wanting to start any sort of craft is just give it a go, if you don't like it then at least you tried. It could just be the career change you were looking for.....

4. What's your favourite crafting category? Do you have in mind to start crafting something else (besides your usual crafting category)?

My favourite crafting category is jewellery and I don't have any plans at the moment to try any new crafting (I don't think my husband could take it!).

5. What is your main source of inspiration? How do you propel your creativity?

My main source of inspiration, is probably the Jewellery Making channel. I learn my techniques from them and then try to incorporate them into my own designs. I like to keep up to date with everything that is going on so I also buy jewellery magazines and look in jewellery shops. 


6. Tell us about your crafting space. Do you have a favourite material and tool?

My crafting space, the place where I make my jewellery is my dining room. The place where everything goes once its been made and where I store all my tools and beads is the spare bedroom. My husband says that we need a bigger house as I keep buying new tools and display equipment for my craft fairs, that I am now starting to run out of space. I am just starting to use craft wire in my jewellery and have bought myself a wire coiling gizmo, so at the moment that is my favourite tool, but I am sure there will probably be a new one next month...


7. So your crafting space transmutes to an online shop. How do you promote your e-shop, which social media you use?

When it comes to social media, I am affraid that I am a complete novice and have always been a bit scared of it. I am probably the only person (other than my husband) who has only just got herself a face book account! So that is how I am promoting my jewellery. Hoping to get into other social media when I know what I am doing and feel brave enough.

8. How long after listing an item into your e-shop you had your first sale?

 I think it was about a couple of months before I had my first sale on MISI. I was so excited to think that someone liked my jewellery enough to buy it. I have since had several more sales since then and my friends have been buying some for christmas presents for there friends. I have also been doing some craft fairs as well and have had lots of positive feed back.

9. Where do you see your business in 10 years from now?

In 10 years, it would be a dream come true to have my own little shop or stall selling lots of lovely jewellery handmade by me.

10. How did you find MISI? What else would you like to see being added to the site?

I found MISI just by searching online for different places to sell my jewellery on line. MISI was the first one that I looked at I thought it looked like a good site, (and I still do). I can't think of anything at the moment that I would like added to the site. The changes you have made to listing products are definately better than they were when I first joined. I hope to have many more years with you. - we hope so too :)



Other Profiles/Pages:



0 comments:

Post a Comment